The Canadian Consumers Centre for Homeopathy (3CH)
3CH lands pro-homeopathy column in major media
See it here.
ACTION: Toronto Star claims “little evidence” – Let’s swamp them!
Jan. 15, 2013: Today the Toronto Star ran an editorial in which they published a falsehood: that there is little evidence for the efficacy of homeopathy…!
I would like to invite you to send them a letter to the editor in which you educate them about the fact that there most certainly IS evidence for homeopathy… and plenty of it. Cite your favourite research study… refer them to www.extraordinarymedicine.org… cite the four metastudies that showed positive results (click here and go to #3)… talk about how CBC MarketPlace completely ignored the evidence we sent them… talk about how Andrew Saine smacked Joe Schwarz in the debate at McGill (transcript)… cite the Star’s own principles and standards… give a testimonial of your personal experiences with homeopathy… whatever you want. Make it polite, passionate and powerful!
YES, THIS MAKES A DIFFERENCE with the media. If enough people speak up, they realize that something’s going on that they don’t know about and maybe they should either find out, or be more cautious in the future. Remember the comment section of CBC Marketplace when they ran their hit piece about homeopathy? We swamped it… over 2,000 comments, the vast majority of them homeo-POSITIVE… despite their moderators suppressing many! WE CAN DO IT AGAIN.
If you are in a professional association, please forward this to your Board for distribution to members. If you’re in a school, please get it to other students. If you have a practice, please forward to your clients. Send this to everyone you know who might speak up against anti-homeopathy media malfeasance. Please share on social media. 3CH is going to communicate officially with the Star and the more people support us, the better.
One Yonge Street
LET’S GET THE TRUTH ABOUT HOMEOPATHY OUT THERE!
The Canadian Consumers Centre for Homeopathy is Canada’s grassroots, consumer-oriented organization dedicated to ensuring patient access to homeopathy from coast to coast. We promote awareness, educate the public, advocate with government and insurers, provide accurate information to media, help professionals network and promote research. We are 100% member-funded and receive no government support. We advocate for Canadians’ freedom of choice in health care and for safe and cost-effective health care.
If you or your family has benefitted from homeopathy, we invite you to join with us to help bring those benefits to others.
So what IS homeopathy……..?
- a 200-year-old system of medicine with a distinct, rational approach to diagnosing and treating illness, and an excellent two-century clinical record or preventing and curing acute, chronic and epidemic diseases
- effective according to hundreds of high-quality basic science, pre-clinical and clinical studies, including randomized controlled trials
- the fastest growing form of health care in the world, used by hundreds of millions
- part of the public health care systems of nations in Europe, South America, Central America and Asia, due to citizen demand
- the fastest-growing form of health care in Canada
- in the process of becoming a regulated health profession in Ontario
- one of the safest forms of medicine, using carefully-selected, non-toxic, individualized doses
- holistic, taking into account all levels of a person: physical, emotional, mental
- extremely cost-effective – more than any other form of medicine, conventional or alternative, according to a study commissioned by the government of Switzerland
Homeopathy is not:
- a generic term for all forms of alternative, natural or holistic medicine
- witchcraft, magic, hoo-doo or faith-healing: it uses straightforward logical techniques that anyone can learn
- anti-science, unscientific or not scientifically-founded
- impossible to combine with conventional medicine
- the placebo effect